Friday, April 29, 2011

Jungling on the beach...

Sofar in all the countries I visited, there was always one place that was really hard to leave. In Vietnam this is definitely Junglebeach, 60 KM north from Nha Trang.

The 5 or 6 days I wanted to spend on Junglebeach became 20 days! Instead I skipped Phu Quoc Island and will go to Saigon straight ahead and (I'm still on Junglebeach :-)) then leave Vietnam to make place for Cambodia again.
Not going to Phu Quoc wasn't an easy descision to make. To me islands are little treasures...and a mystery. There's always something to explore. But after all the exploring the last couple of months I needed some rest, get back to a more in-balance-feeling and I took some more time for exploring my inner self.

Well I can tell you it's not hard to get rest on Junglebeach, unless you don't like killing your time with hanging out on the beach, swimming in the sea, relaxing in a hammock, reading books, doing yoga, eating just lovely food and having the most interesting conversations with completely strangers.
Being at peaceful places with a lot of nature around me and inspirational conversations helps me to dive deeper into myself and trying to find out what this whole traveling does to my inner person...if it's soul-food or not.....

I would love to share some topics of these conversations:
- I met someone who is writing a blog about internet-dating. The research she told me about is just hilarious. So be careful next time when you date someone you met online...it can be just research ;-) here the address: http://musingoncruising.blogspot.com

- Someone answered me on a for him difficult or maybe annoying question: 'Why do women always have to be so complicated!' My first thought was...'hey don't generalize and don't judge about a sex you have no idea of!' But my second thought was...'well though we women are such lovely creatures, I think we are just allowed to ask these 'silly', difficult, for men hard to answer questions. Even if it sometimes end up in a ridiculous discussion'

- I finished the book Shantaram, a novel based on a true story of a man who escaped an Australian jail and ends up in India. He writes about his life as a fugitive, a pretty crazy person with even crazier stories. But anyway I met someone who actually knows this guy from Bombay and had some beers with him. Well...some extra information...the Afghanistan part is made up and he was caught again after smuggling heroin into Germany! Just for your information...

and...i talked a lot about life or in other words everything between the smallest rock and the biggest energy or essence of this Universe...some call it God..

 " Smile when you feel like it"

carry


2 comments:

  1. Lieve Carry,
    Heb weer genoten van je uiteenzetting op je blog. Denk veel aan je en wens je alle goeds, vrede, gezondheid en geluk toe op je ontdekkingsreis naar je zelf en het leven. Liefs mam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carry! Time for an update! S'il te plait!

    ReplyDelete